Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Pictureless Cartoons?

After reading great cartoons by Mike Luckovich, I came up with this political cartoon. However, while my writing ability is in middle school, my artistic skills are still at a third grade level. So bear with me; you'll have to picture this in your mind, which is kind of like having somebody describe a comic strip. It's never as funny as seeing the pictures live. Here's what I came up with...

(1) Bush sits by a distraught Harriet Miers, consoling her, with his hand on her shoulder. He says to her, "Sorry, Harriet, my bosses tell me you're not qualified for that job. But I have another opening where prior experience isn't necessary. How'd ya like to run F.E.M.A.?"

(2) Bush, Cheney, Rummy and Rove sit around a table in the White House. Bush says, "If you're not with us, in this war, you're against us." Rove, holding a paper labelled "poll numbers" says, "Actually, Mr. President, the latest numbers say that if you're not with us in this room, you're against us."

(3) Bush stands at the podium beside Alito, saying to the crowd, "And Judge Alito has offered to help the Iraqi people by giving them all the individual rights he'll take out of America's Constitution, to help us fight this war on terra."

O.K., so they need some work, and definitely some pictures, but it was fun...
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?